Saturday 23 January 2016

FREESTYLE 3; HE SAID, SHE SAID, THEY SAID.

There's this lady I know of, so gentle, hardly talks, has a wonderful listening ear, and lots more. I remember vividly her reply when I told her to write an article for the freestyle challenge. Read on and be blessed. I love you all!!!!






I said I love you
He said  love who? The guy who can't keep his promises?
She said love who? The guy who cant keep his money?
They said love who? The guy we see with a lot of girls, here and there?

I said I wanted to know you
He said he was your roommate. He had all the information.
She said you grew up together. She knew you as a child.
They said you were their class rep. They knew how you would respond under pressure.
 Chai. Famzers.

So I listened. I listened to them and they substituted you.
I didnt bother listening to you or picking your calls.
When I heard you were with Mary.
I didnt bother asking what you felt or thought,
I didnt bother confirming all the stories.
I wonder;Did I ever love you?
Was I ever interested in you?
Why was it easier to listen to them?

You were too perfect. It was too surreal.
It was too good to be true.
That's it. Too good to be true.

Your love unconditional.
 I was scared. So I ran.
But, you've got this pull;Mesmerizing.
There's something about you.
 When I barged in on you that day, I wanted to end it all.


 You listened, never interrupting,
Never raising your voice at me, the truth you said to me.
Never knew I had  a comforter who would show me all things,
 So I left, in righteous anger.
I was angry at someone who did me no wrong.
I came back with my tail in between in my legs.
And you.. you'll never forget the way you looked at me.
So much love in your eyes, acceptance.
There was no anger in there,
no hate, no judgment.
It really made me wonder anew,
It piqued my already curious mind
And I asked, for the first time, who are You?
You quoted something you said a while ago "Walk with me





Written by YEESUF GLORY



2 comments: